- I will complete and return the Medical Information Form as requested by the organisation and detail any health conditions / concerns relevant to my child on the consent form. I will report any changes in the state of my child’s health to the coach prior to coaching sessions. I will ensure that the organisation has up to date contact details for me and any alternative contact as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from coaching sessions/swim meets where appropriate. I will inform a member of the committee or coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the organisation changes my child’s lane and changing times, I will remember the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and enable my child to progress and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/events including all required equipment, e.g. hats, goggles etc.
- I will inform the coach/welfare officer before a session if my child is to be collected early from a coaching session/meet and if so by whom.
- I will encourage my child to obey rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator at training / meets and treat swimmers, coaches, committee members and parents of both my child’s organisation and any other organisation with due respect meeting the ASA commitment to equality and diversity.
- I will not use inappropriate language within the organisation environment.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutritional needs and listen to advice given from the club coach / nutritionist.
- I will support the club coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I have in an appropriate manner to the welfare officer.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- If I wish to have a discussion with the coach I will check with the club Welfare Officer how this can be arranged.
- Most of all, I will help my child enjoy the sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
The organisation will:
- Inform you at once if your child is ill and ensure their well being until you are able to collect him / her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised / taught / coached and consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have a right to:
- Make a complaint to the club if they feel the organisation or a member of the organisation is not acting appropriate to ASA / organisation rules and regulations. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the welfare officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of their child to the ASA Office of Judicial Administration.